Sunday, November 4, 2012

Relaxing Sunday....

Oh how I love Sundays!  I enjoy heading to church in the morning, followed by a relaxing day of watching football and hanging around the house. This is probably one of the hardest times of the school year.  You enter the year with so much gusto and enthusiasm.  Now the workload has set in and the student behavior has peaked.  Every day leads to a feeling of being further and further behind.  Even daylight saving in the fall is not enough to make a dent in the need for a few more hours in the day.  Adding to the list is a teacher's natural tendency to put themselves at the bottom of the priority list--they will work 60+ hours a week, spend time with their family, and try to maintain their societal expectations.  Meanwhile, they get 4 hours of sleep a night and eat garbage just to feel enough energy to make through the next obligation.  You feel like you are on a treadmill with cement shoes on.  Things lighten up by the end of November with Thanksgiving break and winter break around the corner.  So we (I) just need to make it to Thanksgiving. Then I can breathe and feel and sleep?
Well, I have decided that I need to go to bed at 10 pm every night.  So I need to manage my time better so I am not up until midnight or 1am putting the finishing touches on my lesson plan only to get up 4 or 5 hours later.  So with that being said....I need to finish up my lessons.  I have 1.5 hours to do that before 10 pm. 

But first I will leave you a picture of my joy---the little person that makes me laugh and smile and talk in imaginary languages.  This picture was taken while he was watching the commercial with people laughing.  It always makes him smile.  I love watching his face when that commercial is on.  This weekend he asked to go trick-or-treating tomorrow.  I told him that that was only one time a year.  He responded with "No! Ten times a year!"  Oh to be 2 and wishing for more trick-or-treating.  :)

1 comment: